It’s a fact. Every year, more and more people rely on therapeutic massage and bodywork for relaxation, pain relief, health concerns, rehabilitation and general wellness.
- Massage may be the oldest form of medical care – Egyptian tomb paintings show people being massaged.*
- A Chinese book written in 2,700 BC – The Yellow Emperor’s Classic of Internal Medicine – recommended the “massage of skin and flesh”.*
- Today, 39 million American adults – more than one out of every six – get at least one massage each year.**
- Massage therapy has been proven effective in:
Relieving back pain
Boosting immune system
Lowering blood pressure
Decreasing carpal tunnel symptoms
Easing post-operative pain
Alleviating side effects of cancer**
- Because massage and bodywork directly or indirectly affects every system of the body, it promotes health, prevents illness and injury, and speeds recovery.